NAESCO Advocacy Report
Second Quarter 2008
- Participating in legislative and regulatory initiatives in
MA, NY and NJ that will increase energy efficiency programs by
3-6 times. Participating in the development of Future Capacity
Markets in New England and PJM that will open new funding
sources for large amounts of EE and DR.
- Participating in regulatory and legislative efforts to
initiate and implement large new EE programs in IL, IN, OH, MI
and OK. Working to assist in the implementation of PC programs
in IA and KS. PC training programs scheduled in IL and MI and
under development in other states.
- Working with various national and regional organizations,
including ACEEE, Environmental Defense, NRDC, Southern Alliance
for Clean Energy, Energy Futures Coalition and Alliance to Save
Energy to modify the Duke Energy Save-a-Watt proposals in North
Carolina and South Carolina. NAESCO has testified in Public
Service Commission proceedings in South Carolina, held several
meetings with Duke Energy and has met with North Carolina public
officials to educate them about Save-a-Watt.
- Monitoring and participating in proceedings to develop
large-scale EE programs in MD, TN, and FL.
- Working with the ESC and the Southwest Energy Efficiency
Partnership (SWEEP) to reform performance contracting
legislation in Arizona. Legislation has passed the House and is
progressing through the Senate.
- Participating in multiple California Public Utility
Commission proceedings that will determine the scope of the
2009-2011 utility EE programs. Proceedings include strategic
planning, savings goals, EM&V protocol development, solar and
renewable energy incentives and 2009-2011 cycle program plan
- Monitoring the initial project implementation of the DGS
state building PC program and assisting ESCOs to provide
feedback to DGS.